Monday, June 1, 2015

W10 Activities

Monday -
OA - If you could live anywhere, where would you live? Include a photo of the area or home where you would live.

Note: Grades have been updated. Please check schoolloop. Review your grade to make sure that I included everything that you turned in.

Tuesday-
OA- If you could live forever, would you? Why or why not?

 @ Lunch. Anyone who constructed a rocket....We will fly them at LUNCH. All Periods.

Wednesday -

OA - Tell me about you. Who are you? What is YOUR story?

Example:  Mr. Connor  A Teacher story....

Mr. Connor -  I have been teaching for 21 years. I got into teaching kind of by a fluke, or a stroke of luck. I have a degree in Engineering Technology and 21 years ago I had a construction business, and was tangled up in a law suite with HUD. To this day I will profess my innocence but it wiped me out financially. At the same time at Upland JHS, the wood shop teacher Mr. Gabonnay had had a heart attack and had to retire from teaching. The school was unsuccessful finding a replacement, until I entered the equation.  I took a chance and applied for the position. I got the job!
I taught at Upland JHS for 11 years. I taught Wood Shop and a class called Exploring Technology.  I attempted to recreate the wood shop area into a 21 century lab based on the concept that an organization called ITEA (International Technology Education Assosiation) was proposing. I removed the traditional desks and with a budget of just $1,100 spent a few weeks over a summer break and created 16 stations in the classroom and developed lessons to run in each station. Long story short, it was not my teaching style, and part of it the students were not deligent enough to take personally responsibility to self monitor their work rate.  The concept was that the teacher became a more of a facilitator.  I ran the lab about two years this way and made the personal decision to scrap that delivery system.
For my sanity, I selected the 8 best lessons and ran my entire class one station at a time together. It ws the right thing to do for me. 15 years later I still run many of the station concepts at the high school level in my Computer and Math classes.

Thursday:Favorite video online. Please copy video and post on to your blogger page.



Friday:  Selfie Friday - Take a Selfie photo of yourself with Mr. Connor in photo. Post to Blogger and send an email to Connor.



























No comments:

Post a Comment